Stolen Mac Calls Home
Simple program for your Apple MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro or any other Mac enables it to call home if stolen. It takes only 2 minutes to install and you never have to know it is there.
"Mac Calls Home" software is reliable solution to track and recover your stolen Mac in nine out of ten cases. It could be used for Mac desktops but we feel that it is the best solution for Apple laptops like Apple MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, PowerBook or iBook as long as it has Panther (10.3.x) or newer Mac OS X installed on it, fully compatible with Snow Leopard.
Program will not give itself away to a thief until it's too late.
Once network is available - program will report current IP address to our server and if there is enough time will silently take a snapshot using built-in iSight camera
Single License Annual fee: $14.98/year
How it Works Installation FAQ
Once program registered on our server - your information (email, name) will be entered in our database.
Program will be compiled with that information and it will take your snapshot (if iSight camera is available).
All collected information will remain on-file on our server.
Program runs every time you Mac is booted. It will run in initial waiting mode and background mode after that (taking virtually no CPU power).
If your Mac is ever stolen - program activates reporting based on login errors or your report of your Mac being stolen. more info....
Mac calls Home will actively seek the network connection once your Mac is stolen and when network becomes available will submit a report.
Normal everyday use of your Mac will not trigger any information collection or submission.
- You could try it first and purchase license later. Unlicensed product will NOT trigger alert on our system.
- Program runs everytime Mac boots-up and it is not giving itself away by any visible means.
- If any user logged normally - program will sleep quietly.
- If program detects login error(s) or if this Mac has been reported stolen - it starts collecting information and reports to the server when network becomes available.
- If one bad login reported - program will report it to our server when Internet becomes available
- Our server collects data and if valid Serial Number found in report - server notifies Mac owner of the last IP location. Your Mac Serial Number will also be included in "Stolen Macs Database".
- Mac owner will have a chance to confirm/deny theft. If Mac was not stolen - all collected information immediately deleted from the server.
- If our server collected data from any Mac and there was no response from the owner - information will be deleted in 30 days.
- No forms to fill-out in order to track your stolen Mac - program activates automatically.
- Program is very easy to install and very easy to un-install.
- Program is not dependent on any special framework - it works on Macs out of the box.
Total messages: 15
Sorry for the loss. You can find your MacBook S/N on the box or call Apple with order number. But I do not know if it'll help.